“When students feel safe and supported, they are truly ready and able to learn”
Laura Weaver & Mark Wilding
At Seven Peaks School, we value the social and emotional wellbeing of our students and staff. As an International Bachelorette school the themes and character traits fundamental to the IB Learner Profile are woven throughout our curriculum and embedded in our school culture. This dynamic framework encourages and supports students to engage in emotional learning; identifying emotions, friendship skills, building empathy and self-awareness, emotion regulation, conflict resolution and mindfulness.
The counseling program at Seven Peaks School is designed to provide academic, social and emotional support for students, parents, and staff. This includes the following services:
1) Meeting regularly with students individually and in small groups.
2) Teaching classroom guidance lessons on a wide range of developmentally appropriate topics including goal setting, communication, technology use, character education and peer conflict.
Middle School Curriculum:
- Common Sense Media: Digital Citizenship
- Various evidence based SEL curriculum/resources
3) Assisting in transition activities for students entering high school.
4) Providing information and referrals to parents on outside personal and academic resources and support services.
5) School based case management for student with Mental Health support needs.
Counseling Office Hours:
Tuesday - Thursday: 8:00 - 3:30pm
Friday: 8:00 - 2:00pm